Senses and memories and fae (oh my!) mix in very particular ways. Enchantment brings mortals into the chimerical world; the Mists blur the details of that world even for changelings. While the mechanics in are solidly established in Changeling: the Dreaming, more or less, it can be tough to incorporate those two aspects into a game. This week, we’re exploring how to handle that from a Storyteller and player perspective, across editions of the game. We talk about the role of enchanted mortals, the particulars of memory loss, mechanics we think would enliven the systems a bit, and more…! Have a listen, and you’ll be forgiven if you can’t recall any of it afterward.
A couple shout-outs from this week:
- Check out the World of Dark Ages podcast, from Jacob Klünder and Peter Wrede
- Pooka’s book Fairy-Faith on the Storyteller’s Vault (for Mage: the Ascension): https://www.storytellersvault.com/product/418295?affiliate_id=3063731
If you want to remain around sufficient Glamour to keep your knowledge of the podcast from fading in your mind, we’ve got a few different balefires you can sit around:
- Discord: https://discord.me/ctp
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082973960699
- Mastodon: https://dice.camp/@ChangelingPod
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/changelingthepodcast
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@ChangelingThePodcast/
Josh Hillerup (any pronoun) proposes that the Mists are at their most irritating when you can’t find those keys you were just holding.
Pooka G (any pronoun/they) believes that eggs and paper airplanes are in the top 5 most appropriate Glamour vehicles for enchanting mortals.
“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.”
—Alexander Pope, “Eloisa to Ableard”